4C Hair Chick, Inc.
Last modified: November 1, 2020
4C Hair Chick, Inc. ("Company" or "We") respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.4chairchick.com (our "Website") and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- on this Website;
- in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website; and
- through resources that you may download from this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website
This Policy applies to all information collected through our website, and any other interactions you may have with us (e.g. customer service inquiries, sales, marketing or events, etc.).
This Policy does not apply to any third-party applications or software that we may integrate into our website or platform, third-party products or services, or businesses we do not explicitly include in this Policy.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not: use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website; make any purchases through the Website; use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website; or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including:
- Contact Information: This includes information (e.g., name, phone number, email address, mailing address) that you provide to us when creating an account, placing an order for purchase, or posting content on our site such as reviews and testimonials.
- Location Information: We receive information from you and other third parties that help us ascertain your location.
- Information Collected Automatically: When you navigate our website, we automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Website and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Sites, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Third-Party Data: We may receive data about products, organizations, industries, and services that are customers, Website visitors, and other matters related to our business in order to make our own information better or more useful. This data may be combined with other information we collect.
- We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Information You Provide to Us
Although no one is under a statutory or contractual obligation to provide any Customer Information, certain information is collected automatically, and if some information, such as Payment Information, is not provided, we may be unable to provide any products or services to you.
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website including signing up for our newsletter, purchasing products, enrolling for a subscription, downloading content, posting comments, posting reviews, or submitting information through a contact form. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of correspondence if you contact us directly by email;
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for general feedback or market research; and
- Your search queries on the Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you;
- To provide you with information or products that you request from us;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices;
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website; and
- For any other purpose with your consent;
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To service providers, and other third parties we use to operate our business (such as our email marketing service provider or merchandise fulfilment) and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the "email a friend" feature of our Website, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information with your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Company, our customers, or others; and
- Data Security.
We adopt appropriate and industry-standard encryption data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Website. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Offers from the Company: If you do not wish to have your e-mail address or other contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by checking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our newsletter emails or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a being a previous or current client.
- Data Breach: In the event of a personal data breach, we will notify you immediately upon discovering the breach (and in no event more than 72 hours from discovering it), and an investigation will be carried out.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.
EEA Resident Rights
As of May 25, 2018, under the General Digital Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) residents and those accessing this website using IP addresses associated with servers located within European Union Member Countries have the following rights with respect to their personal information:
- The right to have your personal identifying information removed from our servers.
- The right to withdraw prior consent to have your personal identifying information stored.
- The right to request access to your personal identifying information.
- The right to object to the storing of your personal information on the grounds of your personal situation.
- The right to rectify any of your personal information that is stored on our servers.
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
In addition to the rights stated above, the following information is relevant to EU residents and those using IP addresses associated with servers that exist within the EU:
- We keep your personal information only so long as we need it to provide the services to you and fulfill the purposes described in this Policy. Retention periods can vary significantly based on the type of information and how it is used. Our retention periods are based on criteria that include legally mandated retention periods, pending or potential litigation, operational needs, and historical archiving. When we no longer need to use your personal information and there is no need for us to keep it to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, resolve disputes to enforce our agreements, we’ll remove it from our systems.
- No statute or contract requires providing personal data to any third party unless it is for the purpose of complying with any court order, law, or legal process, including respond to any government or regulatory request or pursuant to the terms of a sale or merger.
- We don’t employ automated decision making or profiling that will impact your contractual or other legal rights.
4C Hair Chick, Inc.